Problem with multiple body proxies

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Nikola
Jr. Propeller Head

Problem with multiple body proxies

Post by Nikola »

I'm using Flare 2.5.2-5.4.2007 and I had no (serious) problems except this: after trying all I could find in help, I still have a problem with multiple bodyproxies and because of that problem with margins on printed output. I have three BodyProxys on one MasterPage. One for margins on first page, one for margins on odd pages and one for even pages. Output type is Microsoft Word (PDF directly). Only first BodyProxy's settings on MasterPages is applied on output file and all margins are placed in relation to first BodyProxy. Any of that three bodyproxies is working for _all_ pages if it is _on first place_ in masterpage! Second and third bodyproxy does not work. When I switch places of first and second bodyproxy, for example, then all document have margins of bodyproxy that was on second place and now is on first... So, only first bodyproxy counts... and I need three - exactly as described in help.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kikovic Nikola
Nikola@nd.co.yu
New Dimension doo
office@lidder.net
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

One way would be to create three Master Pages with one body proxy each and attach them to the specific topics. While I am somewhat confident that this works, the solution is not what you want unless each topic is not longer than one printed page and it is OK to have each topic start on a new page.
My guess is that Flare doesn't go beyond the one body proxy when generating the output. I do not know if this is something Flare is intended to be capable of or not. I generally shy away from printed output. Paper cannot be updated and if it is about placing a document on the Web, using several XHTML files is much better than one big chunk of PDF.
Sorry, can't be of any real help here.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem with multiple body proxies

Post by wclass »

This looks like a bug - just tried it and I get the same results as you.

A slow workaround until it gets fixed might be to output to pages of the same size, then change the Word template to have different odd/even/first page margins. And then send to PDF. Not a perfect solution but it might work. I admit I'd not tried multiple BodyProxies before - I tend to output to a plain file and then re-use my existing Word templates.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Nikola
Jr. Propeller Head

Multiple bodyproxies stil doesn't work. Is there any patch?

Post by Nikola »

Can anyone help? I tried everything, but multiple bodyproxies does not work...
Paul Griffiths
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Paul Griffiths »

As far as I can see (I'm still trying) this hasn't been fixed in v3.1.

Unless anyone knows better?
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

This is a problem in Flare 3.1, And should be corrected in Flare v4
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer