BlogPost about Content Reuse in Flare, from MVP Doc_Guy

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

BlogPost about Content Reuse in Flare, from MVP Doc_Guy

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Paul Pehrson aka Doc_Guy has written a great series on using Flare with Variables, Snippets and Conditions!

It goes into a lot of depth of reusing your Content in Flare.

http://blog.paulpehrson.com/flare-content-reuse/
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
DocuWil
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: BlogPost about Content Reuse in Flare, from MVP Doc_Guy

Post by DocuWil »

Thanks a lot for your great article Doc_Guy.
I have a tip, but maybe you are aware of it.

Talking about Conditions, I have also added 2 conditions, named Ready and Indexed.
I only use these with topics and books. It is my way to have an overview of the topics to be indexed and finished.

Wil :wink:
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Thanks for the idea, Wil. That is a great way to see what content is needing attention, especially since Flare's Content Explorer can show the condition colors right next to the topic.

Have a great day.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

siskamoens
Propeller Head

Post by siskamoens »

DocuWil wrote: Talking about Conditions, I have also added 2 conditions, named Ready and Indexed.
I only use these with topics and books. It is my way to have an overview of the topics to be indexed and finished.
Next to the "Hidden Comments" condition (which I use all the time and absolutely love!) I also have a condition called "WIP", or Work In Progress, which I assign to topics that still need some work. Inside the topic marked as "WIP" I also mark the paragraphs in question via the structure bar, and I enabled the "Show Conditional Indicators" to highlight those paragraphs that are "conditioned".
That way I can quickly scan my project any time and easily spot the topics and areas that still need some attention.

Note that I dont use this condition for inclusion or exclusion from a specific target, it only serves as a marker for myself. It is completely invisible once the project is published.