Modify Breadcrumb Proxy

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
AltF4
Jr. Propeller Head

Modify Breadcrumb Proxy

Post by AltF4 »

I want to change the text "You are here: " and possibly the " > " separators. I would also like to keep it visible as the page scrolls. do I need to set a div container below it with the overflow set to scroll, or is there a better way. Has anyone does this? By the way, what is the body proxy, it doesn't seem to do anything. I understand why we add items to the master page, and everything else makes sense, like the header and footer. Thanks for any help.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Modify Breadcrumb Proxy

Post by Richard Ferrell »

The Body proxy can be changed in your stylesheet under BreadcrumbsProxy and Mc-Breadcrumbs-prefix. Flare doesn't give you the abilty to lock the top part of the page to have only the Breadcrumbs displayed.

The Body Proxy is used in your masterpages, so that Topic itselt will appear in your output, in other words the Body proxy is the meat of you content, and the Header and Footer are the Bread, while the Mini-Toc and Breadcrumbs are the condiments. (BTW time for lunch for me)
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
AltF4
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by AltF4 »

thanks, I'm trying to learn the ropes.
bbuchko
Propeller Head

Post by bbuchko »

This site is in the examples thread: http://www.digitalriver.com/helpcentral ... entral.htm

I think this might be similar to what you're trying to do (if you ever even look at this thread again; I realize it's several months old). I'm no CSS or div expert, but I'm trying to figure out how DR added the static header using overflow attributes now. Any help from folks who understand this sort of thing inside and out would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I found this thread, which has a good explanation of how DIV tags work. Now I need to actually try to implement them! http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a

UPDATE:
Got the DIVs working, and man are they powerful! Loving them. I was able to add background images to all my topic headings. I also figured out the Style Medium settings, which let me change the background image on a per-target basis. I feel like the ball's rolling downhill now!

I'm still not able to get the non-scrolling headings working, but that might be OK; the more I think about it, the less I like consistently eating up a big chunk of real-estate with the topic title.
Bob Buchko
Technical Communicator
Corporate Trainer
Flare Noob