Copying and Pasting Anomolies

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Pohutukawa
Propeller Head

Copying and Pasting Anomolies

Post by Pohutukawa »

It seems that after a few hours of using Flare's XML Editor, that the task of selecting, copying, and pasting suddenly becomes irregular. This happens to me about every day.

To a point, I can copy and paste test within XML Editor, but then, without rhyme or reason, I cannot paste the most recently selected and copied text. Instead of the expected copied text, the previously copied text still pastes!

However, when I copy from XML Editor and paste into Notepad (or other app), the correct (most recently copied) text is pasted, as expected!!

Without changing anything, if I return to XML Editor and try to paste, the older unexpected text still appears!

If I go back to Notepad, and select and copy the desired text, I can then paste that text into XML Editor.

What's going on with XML Editor's Clipboard capabilities? Why does it suddenly stop pasting into XML Editor the most recently selected and copied text that was selected and copied IN XML Editor?

No other applications are having this anomoly, not Notepad, Wordpad, this MadCap forum, Excel, Word, FrameMaker... They all receive the correct text that I had copied from XML Editor.
Last edited by Pohutukawa on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Copying and Pasting Anomolies

Post by SteveS »

I can't give you an answer, but I can add an observation...

If you are working on a topic and you are at the bottom of the XMLEditor window, sometimes you get "unexpected" results. Try scrolling down, to move the insertion point closer to the middle of the editor and see if that helps.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Pohutukawa
Propeller Head

Post by Pohutukawa »

Thank you. I will try that.

Also, I wonder if the command to Copy as XML Text might have something to do with it. I use that command often.

Today's another workday. I will try your suggestion.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

if you shut down and restart Flare does that correct the issue?
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
Pohutukawa
Propeller Head

Post by Pohutukawa »

Richard Ferrell wrote:if you shut down and restart Flare does that correct the issue?
I don't know. I haven't tried that. I'll keep that in mind the next time this problem occurs. Thanks.
Pohutukawa
Propeller Head

Post by Pohutukawa »

Pohutukawa wrote:
Richard Ferrell wrote:if you shut down and restart Flare does that correct the issue?
I don't know. I haven't tried that. I'll keep that in mind the next time this problem occurs. Thanks.
The problem temporarily clears up after shutting down and restarting Flare. It took about 10 - 15 minutes for the problem to resurface.