Font size changes in Output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
svaishnav
Propeller Head

Font size changes in Output

Post by svaishnav »

Hi,

When my target output is FrameMaker, the font size defined in Flare stylesheet changes in the generated output. For example, I have defined P.body of size 11 pt. When I generate the output, the size changes to 38 pt. Can somebody guide me how to prevent this?

Thanks & Regards
Shalini
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Font size changes in Output

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't have FM so I don't generate that output, but the font sizes for Word output are specified by what you have in the "print" medium in the stylesheet (by default; you can override that in the target settings). If there's nothing specified for a specific tag in the "print" medium, then it'll use whatever's in the "default" medium. Check the styles in the "print" medium of the stylesheet to see if a font size was somehow set to 38pt. It might be easiest to do this by right-clicking on the stylesheet and selecting Open with > Internal Text Editor. Scroll down and you'll see a section called @media print -- look in there.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Post by jbarwick »

Or...simply open the dropdown box at the top of the stylesheet editor and select "Medium: Print" then go find your <P> tag.
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Post by jbarwick »

also, at the top of the XML editor (topic file editor), select the "Medium: Print" and see what happens to your page visually in the editor.

In the "target" file, ensure your "target medium" is selected from <default> to <print> (my suggestion).

My font sizes for online and print targets are completely different (as is the typeface).

If your <p> tag does not perform font size changes, examine the <body> tag for font size changes.

Remember...this is CSS...so your style's cascade.