Can I print out a style sheet?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
hjohnson
Propeller Head

Can I print out a style sheet?

Post by hjohnson »

Is there any way to print out a list of all of the settings in a style sheet?

I am creating a fresh style sheet for our new documentation season, and we have two or three style sheets that we used last year. I would like to lay out the settings for each style sheet side-by-side. If I can compare them in this way, I will be able to find the problem styles and fix them in the new CSS.

Suggestions?

Helen@Block
Helen@Block
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Can I print out a style sheet?

Post by LTinker68 »

Easiest thing to do might be to open the stylesheets using Notepad or some other program capable of opening .css files. You can open two files side-by-side in Flare, but if you have a program that color codes the stylesheet (e.g., tags are in red, properties in blue, etc.), then that might be easier to compare them.

If you want to open two stylesheets in Flare side-by-side, then copy them into the same project, right-click on each file in the Content Explorer and select Open with > Internal Text Editor. Then right-click on the tab of one of the stylesheet files in the XML Editor, select "Floating", then drag the file to the right pane in the GUI. That way you have two stylesheets side-by-side and can compare them.

Note, however, that stylesheets are flat files, so style information is appended to the files in the order you modified them. So one stylesheet could have all the properties for the <p> tag at the top of the file, while the other one could have the <p> tag styles broken up into three different areas of the file. You're probably going to want to organize the styles in the files as you go, so that all the <p> tag styles are together, all the <td> styles are together, etc.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
hjohnson
Propeller Head

Re: Can I print out a style sheet?

Post by hjohnson »

OK, this sounds good. I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Helen@Block
Helen@Block