Importing RoboHelp project with multiple TOC & Index files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
JAHartman
Propeller Head

Importing RoboHelp project with multiple TOC & Index files

Post by JAHartman »

Hello,

I imported a RoboHelp project that includes two Table of Contents and Index files. Flare only imported one TOC and one Index file, ignoring the secondary files. I tried deleting the two files that successfully imported in the RoboHelp project then reimported the RoboHelp project to try and force it to convert the two remaining files but Flare still did not convert them. Is there something else I can do to get Flare to import these files?

Thank you,

Judy Hartman
Judy
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Importing RoboHelp project with multiple TOC & Index files

Post by Richard Ferrell »

What Version of Robohelp are you using? I know Robohelp x5 does not have multiple TOC files.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
JAHartman
Propeller Head

Post by JAHartman »

Actually, I think the project was created using RoboHelp 5.x. I noticed that the secondary file for each is the same name only with _backup after it. I'm wondering if they just renamed before compiling to make it work. I am not too worried about it...recreating the secondary TOC is not major but I'd like to get the secondary Index file into the project.
Judy
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Flare is not able to import a secondary index file from an Robohelp X5 project, as Robohelp doesn't really support a second Index file, The only way I could think of doing it is to cut and paste the contents from the second HHK into the First HHK file in Robohelp, and then import the Proejct into Flare.

Robohelp keeps in index seperate than the topics, and this can cause problems when you want to conditionalze a index entry. Flare keeps in index entries in your topics, and this allows you to have mid topic entries, and conditionals of index entries.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
JAHartman
Propeller Head

Post by JAHartman »

OK, I will try that. Thank you, Richard! :D
Judy