Apply style automatically when a tag is condition flagged

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
siskamoens
Propeller Head

Apply style automatically when a tag is condition flagged

Post by siskamoens »

Hi,

I insert comments in my topics that are only for internal use, which I mark with a condition "hidden" which is never published (excluded from every target). Now I would like to style these paragraphs automatically so that these comments are easily traced and always recognized as "comment", even when I print the topic from within the Flare preview (condition tagging is not visible there).

I now apply both the "hidden" condition and a style named "hidden" to every comment paragraph, but I would like to do both in one single step.

Any idea if it's possible to use the MadCap:conditions="Primary.Hidden" attribute in the style sheet and associate a specific style with it?

Thanks,

Siska
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Apply style automatically when a tag is condition flagged

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't think there's a way to do it through the stylesheet. You could use the find-and-replace in Flare to search for all instances of the class name in the topics and then add the conditional tag (make sure you tell it to search in source code).

I like the suggestion, though. I suggest you submit a feature request to http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
siskamoens
Propeller Head

Post by siskamoens »

Feature request is submitted.
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

This would be very useful. I too have internal comments that I have a style for (p.NoteToSelf), but sometimes I forget to then add the conditional tag that prevents the internal notes from being published. I wish it was a single step to apply both the style and the condition.
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.