Printed TOC using 'Use TOC Depth for heading levels'

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
simon_b
Jr. Propeller Head

Printed TOC using 'Use TOC Depth for heading levels'

Post by simon_b »

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my printed TOC, and wondered if anyone has come across the following.

I'm using the 'Use TOC Depth for heading levels' option in the Printed Output settings as I want the Word TOC to mimic the topic heirarchy that's in my online help project. This is a large project, having up to 6 levels of 'nested' content in some places.

However, only those topics that appear up to the 4th level of nesting are included in the Word TOC. That is, not all the the topics that appear in the online TOC are being displayed in the Word TOC.

Is there an option in Flare that I'm missing that is causing these topics to be ommitted ? I've managed to include all topics in the Word TOC by clearing the 'Use TOC Depth for heading levels' option and setting the mc-heading-level, but this doesn't provide the nested heirarchy in the Word TOC that I require.

Hope this makes sense.

Simon
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Printed TOC using 'Use TOC Depth for heading levels'

Post by Richard Ferrell »

The 'Use TOC Depth for heading levels' will only create a TOC basied on your Table of contents, It should go allway the way down. If you are still having issues I would open a support ticket https://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/contact.aspx
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer