Auto Number Class FM output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
svaishnav
Propeller Head

Auto Number Class FM output

Post by svaishnav »

Hi,

My target is FM Output and i am trying to use auto number class for the following desired output.

I want to define a autonumber class for Note, Tip, Warning, etc. This works perfectly in online help as I have defined it in auto-number format. Can anybody please guide me. I even tried adding a class under span tag but again :( not able to use the style as I am not able to figure our how to apply these character styles.

Regards
Shalini
Last edited by svaishnav on Thu May 22, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Auto Number Class FM output

Post by LTinker68 »

In the Stylesheet Editor you'll see a drop-down box for the media type. If you specified the auto numbering styles when the medium was set to "default", then the auto numbering should be applied to both online and print outputs. However, if the medium was set to "non-print" when you specified the auto numbering styles, then those styles will only be applied to online output. So, you can either set the medium to "default" and specify the auto numbering styles so that they'll be applied to both online and print, or you can leave the styles as they are in the "non-print" medium. If you do that, then you'll want to switch the medium drop-down box to "print" and then set the auto numbering styles.

Generally, I set all styles under the "default" medium, and only set styles in the "print" medium if there's a particular style that I want to be handled differently for print output.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
svaishnav
Propeller Head

Re: Auto Number Class FM output

Post by svaishnav »

Hi,

The medium is already set as default. I had set mc-auto number format as {b} Note: {/b} in style sheet editor. This looks perfect when the target is Webhelp but is not displayed when the target is FM. I even tried setting mc-auto number-class to Note and also tried adding a new span tag. Both did not work. How do I associate this span tag, if the method is correct?

Regards
Shalini