Output doesn't match style sheet

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Patt
Propeller Head

Output doesn't match style sheet

Post by Patt »

I am using Flare for single sourcing our docs. I have one project where I need to produce 2 different manuals for different audiences, many of the topics are shared but not all. Both targets output to Word. One of the manuals we convert to PDF and use an Arial font, the other manual is delivered in print and we use Times New Roman font.

The default medium on my style sheet has Arial font applied to all the styles. I changed the medium to Print in my style sheet and set the font for the styles we use in the manual that gets printed to Times New Roman. I built the target for the print (Times font) manual and the styles show up correctly in the output. So far so good.

I changed the medium back to default and the fonts show correctly in the style sheet for the default medium. But when I built the target, the styles are still using the Times New Roman font, not Arial as the style sheet displays. So, what am I missing here? How can I get my target to pick up the styles for the medium that I selected in the style sheet?

Thanks
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Output doesn't match style sheet

Post by KevinDAmery »

The selection at the top of the stylesheet editor is to allow you to choose which medium to edit, NOT to change which medium will be used when you build the output. The medium used is controlled by the build target, where you can select print or non-print. So what you would need to do is open the target and make sure it's set to use the correct stylesheet medium.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

You can also create a new medium, if you like. So you could have printTimes and printArial to better distinguish which types of medium to use. Just make sure you select the appropriate one in the target.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Patt
Propeller Head

Post by Patt »

Thanks Kevin and Lisa.
I verified that the target has the medium set to default, regenerated, and still my output does not match my style sheet for the default medium. It still matches the print medium. I then created a new medium and that did the trick. My output reflects whatever medium I set the target to now.

Thanks for your advice!