Help not displaying correctly on XP SP3

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
twmarcb
Propeller Head

Help not displaying correctly on XP SP3

Post by twmarcb »

I have a customer who, after loading SP3 on a XP Professional machine, cannot use the Index or Search tab in our Help system. I don't think this is a Flare issue, but has anyone else run into this? Is there anything on my end I can do to make it work or is there a workaround I can give the customer so that he can use the the tabs correctly?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Help not displaying correctly on XP SP3

Post by LTinker68 »

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Pete Lees
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Help not displaying correctly on XP SP3

Post by Pete Lees »

Hi,

It would be worth having the customer ensure that the file %windir%\system32\itircl.dll is correctly registered, as this is the DLL that handles the index and full-text search functionality in all HTML Help files on the computer. The command to enter at the command prompt is:

Code: Select all

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\itircl.dll
Alternatively, you could just have the customer run MJ's Help Diagnostics, which is available from here:

http://helpware.net/downloads/index.htm#MJs

The itcc.dll file that is mentioned in the Flare Knowledge Base article is used at compile time (not run time) to assemble the full-text search data for a help file. So, if this DLL is unregistered when the help file is compiled, the search functionality will not work in that help file — regardless of the computer on which the help file is subsequently opened.

Pete