can I record my speech while recording an application?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
anya
Propeller Head

can I record my speech while recording an application?

Post by anya »

Hi all,
Is there a possibility allowing to record an human voice along with the cursor motion? All I want to make is to give to the user a text as well as sound while watching the movie.

anya
smurray
Propeller Head

Re: can I record my speech while recording an application?

Post by smurray »

Hi there,
I would be interested in finding a way to do this too. Perhaps there is some integration with Echo?
I am in the process of creating video tutorials (with mimic) and I would like to have a narrative accompanying the tutorial. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Susan
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I'm not so much a Mimic expert, but as far as I know you can do that, but I'd do that after you finished the movie and the do it as 'voice overs'. If I find some time today I will take a look at specific steps, but it should be covered in the help. Echo is the audio editor of Mimic.

And, Susan, welcome to the forums!
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

Get a ZOOM h4 voice recorder and it'll act as a nice audio interface to sync audio and recording high quality voice. i may have gone off a bit on this topic, but hey
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
anya
Propeller Head

Post by anya »

Hi Susan,

It looks like there is a way of doing that....
You can easily record audio, such as narration, for your MadCap Mimic movies. The recorded audio file can be created for an individual frame, an object (e.g., cursors and buttons), or an entire movie. When you record audio in Mimic, it is stored as an .mp3 file in a folder called "Sounds" where your movie files are located. For buttons, the audio file plays when the user clicks the button. For cursors, the audio file plays when the cursor reaches the end of its trajectory.

There is more information in the Mimic under the Help TOC Feature

Hopefully that helps

Anya
smurray
Propeller Head

Post by smurray »

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for all your help! Once I start playing around with the audio I'll probably have more questions!

Susan