Anyone found a way to disable autonumbers in a Class?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Anyone found a way to disable autonumbers in a Class?

Post by KevinDAmery »

Question for the CSS gurus out there:

I have a document where the heading styles use decimal autonumbering (i.e. h1 uses 1.0, 2.0 etc. and h2 uses 1.1, 1.2, etc.) The autonumbers are working properly. However, I would like some topics not to have autonumbering at all--for example, I don't want my copyright notices and print TOC to be numbered. To do this, I created a class in the h1 style called No_Heading (this style also doesn't count as a heading level as far as print TOCs go, hence the name).

The problem I'm having is that I can't remove the autonumbering in the class. I've tried deleting it in the autonumbering dialog of the stylesheet editor and adding a line manually in a text editor to the class styles (the code is mc-auto-number-format: ; ). In both cases, the class still inherits the autonumber format from the parent style.

So, can anyone tell me how to tell it NOT to inherit the parent style?
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Anyone found a way to disable autonumbers in a Class?

Post by LTinker68 »

As far as I know, the mc-auto-number options are developed by MadCap and use some CSS properties, but not all. I'm not sure there's an option to not inherit the auto number options. It didn't see one anyway.

If just putting a space in the format doesn't work, then you may need to reverse your setup. That is, set the base <h1> tag to have no auto numbering options but enable the auto numbering on the sub-classes. Then your copyright and such have the default <h1> tag and your topic titles have <h1 class="numbered"> or whatever.

You might also want to try setting the mc-auto-number option to "none". Even though it's not listed as an option in the stylesheet, it may still work.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Anyone found a way to disable autonumbers in a Class--SOLVED

Post by KevinDAmery »

A little experimentation got me an answer. In the internal text editor, I changed the autonumber format to mc-auto-number-format: ''; The addition of the quote marks seems to do the trick.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare