Can't find the Styles window

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
smurray
Propeller Head

Can't find the Styles window

Post by smurray »

I want to use the Styles window. I can see the styles field in the text formatting toolbar (there is very little listed - unlike the actual stylesheet itself). However when I hit F12 or View/Style window nothing happens. Where is it? I don't know what to look for because I don't know what the Style window looks like?
I just looked at the video tutorial and the Styles window should be in the right hand window pane - How do I display my right hand window pane?

Susan.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Can't find the Styles window

Post by KevinDAmery »

This usually means something has happened with the window layout. If you go to Window > Layouts, you can reload the layout you want or reset them to factory default. That should bring it back.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
smurray
Propeller Head

Post by smurray »

Yes that worked - I restored the layout to default factory settings.
Thanks.
I don't understand how my stylesheet has lots of classes, but now I want to apply the style to some text, the H1 is not there to select in the Style window. There are only a few styles to choose from (p, tip etc but not my H1 that I used earlier in the topic). It doesn't matter whether I put the cursor in the text to be changed or if I highlight the whole sentence, I have no H1 in the styles window to select.
What am I doing wrong?

Susan
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

See if this topic helps. It's really long, but we figured out the problem.

http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... f=6&t=5916