Concept Link shifting to the left when hovered

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Concept Link shifting to the left when hovered

Post by MC Hammer »

Hi there
I have posted about this some time ago but have not found a workaround yet and am having to fix this now.
I use Concept Links, and have left the ConceptLink style (and its pseudo classes, hover and focus) with default attributes (as they come with MadCap, by default), except that I have changed the image I want to see displayed. When I compile the Help, the concept links are displayed ok except that they all shift to the left when hovered. Once a concept link is hovered, it shifts by a few pixels to the left and stay like this. If I click on the topic again from the TOC, it's back to the initial position.

mc-image-position: left (default)
mc-image-spacing: 5px (default)
mc-label: See Also (default)
mc-image:Images/MyHelp/Image.gif (my own image. Path is correct as image is displayed).
All other parameters but the colour are "not set".

I tried reverting to the default MadCap image and the same still happens. I have created a new empty project and it all works fine. Anyone come across this before? Any ideas? IS this due to the 5px? Are these 5 px representing the space between the left margin and the image or the space between the image and the "See Also" text?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Concept Link shifting to the left when hovered

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't have Flare open at the moment, but I wanted to point out that sometimes what's shown in the Stylesheet Editor isn't really in the stylesheet file. If the fields say "(not set)", then there is nothing in the stylesheet and the styles will be displayed using the browser defaults or the styles specified for the parent tag (cascade up). If the field says 5px, then I recommend opening the stylesheet file using the Internal Text Editor to make sure that 5px is actually specified, and not just a misleading value in the Stylesheet Editor. It does that in a few places (which I've submitted bugs about), like indicating a line height value when it really hasn't been specified in the stylesheet file.

So in the brand new project that you create where everything works -- open its stylesheet in the Internal Text Editor and see what is really specified in the stylesheet.

BTW, some of the Flare icons aren't the same widths, which is why they seem to shift when you click on them. The toggler icons come to mind. I made my own icons that have the same height and width and specified them in the stylesheet, so now there's no shifting when I click on a toggler link.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Concept Link shifting to the left when hovered

Post by MC Hammer »

Hi Lisa
You are absolutely right, some of the values entered in the StyleSheet Editor do not end up in the StyleSheet!!!! :evil:
However, I have set (and checked it is in the StyleSheet when opened in Notepad or similar) mc-image-spacing to 5px for the ConceptLink style and its pseudo classes and cannot stop the shifting from occurring...
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output