Snippet in WebHelp output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Snippet in WebHelp output

Post by bobmoon »

I've got a webhelp project that uses a snippet in a header in every topic. The header includes a link to another page, and I had to change the link in the snippet. This worked fine--when I recompile, the link now works correctly in every topic header.

Now I need to post this update to the server. I would like to update just the changed snippet bit on the server, but I can't for the life of me find that. Where does that snippet get generated in the webhelp output? In the Flare content, the snippet file is located in a \Content\Resources\Snippets folder. That folder doesn't exist in the output. I tried viewing the source in the browser, but the snippet is already rendered into the topic by that point.

Thanks for your help!
Bob
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Snippet in WebHelp output

Post by Richard Ferrell »

The snippet is added into each topic at time of generation, so there will not be a snippet folder in your output. All you need to do is Change your snippet and then regenerate your project.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Snippet in WebHelp output

Post by bobmoon »

Duh. I thought I had looked at the individual htm files in the output folder and didn't see the snippet text in there. I guess I was looking in the content folder and not the output folder.

Thanks!
Bob