extra space in xrefs in WebHelp output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jjbroomco
Propeller Head

extra space in xrefs in WebHelp output

Post by jjbroomco »

Hi,
I wasn't sure whether to post in this forum or the Styles/XML forum, but here goes...

In WebHelp output, some of my xrefs (to other topics within my project) have an extra space immediately after the link. This behavior is inconsistent because other xrefs look fine in WebHelp. This inconsistency seems to be wherever I have an ending paragraph symbol ")"

Here's an example of how it appears in WebHelp (top) and XML code view (bottom):
wrong.gif
And here's another example that shows the xref correctly in WebHelp. Note the XML code is the same as before. I don't see any differences.
right.gif
I don't think this has anything to do with our stylesheet. Maybe it's a bug that I should report? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

-Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: extra space in xrefs in WebHelp output

Post by KevinDAmery »

Jason,

The XML Editor's code view is... ahh, let's say "incomplete." (Meaning it barely shows you anything at all.) Take a look at the two cross references in an actual text editor (the internal one in Flare is fine, or another one of your choice) and see if there is any difference in the code.

(You can open the internal text editor by right clicking on the topic in the content explorer and choose "Open with")
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
jjbroomco
Propeller Head

Post by jjbroomco »

Well I'm about to publicly embarrass myself here...but I discovered the problem only happened when linking to a specific topic. So I opened that topic and found an extra space after the first heading. Problem solved. Thanks very much for your help though!
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

No problem - those kind of issues aren't always easy to spot.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare