Compiler Error: Link points outside project file

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
wvnomad
Propeller Head

Compiler Error: Link points outside project file

Post by wvnomad »

I've got my help system the way that I want it, but every time I compile the WebHelp, I keep getting an "error" that some of my links are pointing outside the project file. Problem is, this is not an error. I know they're there. They're supposed to be there.

These links are to the Flash files that are the SHOW to the Help system's TELL. The reason this is even coming up is that our team SA asked if I could create a repository for these files, since I was taking up close to a Gig on the server in replicated Flash files when I exported each of our 5 help systems.

So, is there anyway to get those annoying "error" messages to go away?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Compiler Error: Link points outside project file

Post by LTinker68 »

wvnomad wrote:So, is there anyway to get those annoying "error" messages to go away?
No, but you can submit a feature request to http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx. It could just be a terminology issue. To me, an "error" is something that stops the compile because something major is missing or is screwed up and the build can't finish. A "warning" is a "hey, this is happening, you may want to take a look at it" type of message that doesn't stop the build but still provides the info in case it's something you want to check. Such as the message you're getting or if a topic is repeated twice in a print output, and that type of thing.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
wvnomad
Propeller Head

Re: Compiler Error: Link points outside project file

Post by wvnomad »

Thanks Lisa. I appreciate the response. I'll submit my request now.