Breadcrumbs not appearing in Online Help

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
svaishnav
Propeller Head

Breadcrumbs not appearing in Online Help

Post by svaishnav »

Hi,

I have inserted Breadcrumbs proxy in the Master page and have associated the master page with the topics. I am still not able to see the breadcrumbs in the WeHelp. They are very much there in the Stylesheet. can anyone please help me with this?

Regards
Shalini
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Breadcrumbs not appearing in Online Help

Post by NorthEast »

Does your project have a TOC?
The breadcrumbs only appear on topics that are in the TOC.
svaishnav
Propeller Head

Post by svaishnav »

Hi,

Yes, I do have a TOC. In fact, I am using the same TOC for Online and Printed Documentation (have tagged the printed TOC topics) . I also need multiple master pages and have thus assoicted them in TOC and not in Target.

And yes, this time I associated the master page with the target. It works. But what if I want to maintain a single TOC for Online and Printed and apply multiple mster pages? Why does is not work?

Regards
Shalini
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

so it works in your online help now?
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Do you have books in the TOC and are the books themselves linked to topics?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

svaishnav wrote:Hi,

Yes, I do have a TOC. In fact, I am using the same TOC for Online and Printed Documentation (have tagged the printed TOC topics) . I also need multiple master pages and have thus assoicted them in TOC and not in Target.

And yes, this time I associated the master page with the target. It works. But what if I want to maintain a single TOC for Online and Printed and apply multiple mster pages? Why does is not work?

Regards
Shalini
I don't quite understand "I also need multiple master pages and have thus assoicted them in TOC and not in Target". You don't use the TOC to control master pages.

It sounds like your master page is ok, but you're having problems in applying the master page to the topics in your project.

Setting the master page in your target will apply that master page to all your topics in that target (unless you have set master pages in your stylesheet - see next).

If you want to use multiple master pages in the same target, i.e. have topics using different master pages, you need to create classes of the html tag in your stylesheet that link to each master page; for example:

Code: Select all

html.PageA
{
	mc-master-page: url('../MasterPages/PageA.flmsp');
}

html.PageB
{
	mc-master-page: url('../MasterPages/PageB.flmsp');
}
So, if you apply the class PageA to a topic (on its html tag), it'll use the PageA master page.

If you have some topics that don't have a html class set, they'll just use the default master page set in the target. If you want to set that in your stylesheet (rather than the target), then you'd just have something like:

Code: Select all

html
{
	mc-master-page: url('../MasterPages/Default.flmsp');
}
Which would use the master page Default on all topics (that don't have the A or B class set).
svaishnav
Propeller Head

Post by svaishnav »

Hi,

Thanks a lot to all of you. The breadcrumbs are working fine now.

Dave, as per your instructions, to use multiple master pages, I have created classes of the html tag in the stylesheet that link to each master page and have also applied the defined class to the topic . Now, when I build the Webhelp output, the master pages are very much applied in the output but they are not reflected in case of FM output. I wonder why? Is there a different way to apply multiple master pages in FM output?

Regards
Shalini
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

I'm afraid I don't use the FM target, so I can't be much help there.
If nobody replies here, try the Frame Output forum.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

svaishnav wrote:Is there a different way to apply multiple master pages in FM output?
I also don't do FM output, but theoretically it should be the same setup that you have. However, make sure your FM target doesn't have a masterpage specified. If it's the wrong one, then it'll be applied to all topics.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

In Printed output you can go to your TOC Entires and change thier masterpages.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer