European accents not displaying in IE 7

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
NickC
Propeller Head

European accents not displaying in IE 7

Post by NickC »

I'm generating WebHelp in French with Flare 3.1 and I notice that some pages are not displaying grave and acute accents, cirmcumflexes etc. What's strange is that some pages are OK, others not and the source code (UTF-8 encoding, css links etc) seems identical. Works fine in FireFox. Haven't tried IE 6.

My only workaround right now is to go into each topic file and replace the "é" with "é" As this is long-winded I thought the forum may have a brighter idea.

Cheers !
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: European accents not displaying in IE 7

Post by RamonS »

You might want to try a find&replace across the project, that for sure will shorten the time needed to replace all instances and it guarantees that all are found. I recommend making a backup of the project before going at it. Since it works fine in other browsers I'm tempted to blame IE (again). That browser really shouldn't be used for any serious tasks.
NickC
Propeller Head

Post by NickC »

Do you mean in Flare? Search and replace accents with the corresponding code? I can't do a search using an Explorer, for example, because the problem is one of browser display, not actual source content...
RamonS wrote:Since it works fine in other browsers I'm tempted to blame IE (again). That browser really shouldn't be used for any serious tasks.
Fair comment this time round but FireFox has its own set of foibles... :)
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Yes, I mean search and replace in Flare.
Opera is a mighty fine browser....