Topic Doesn't Display in WebHelp Output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Topic Doesn't Display in WebHelp Output

Post by jblackwood »

I have a topic that won't display when I click it in my WebHelp output. Nothing happens when I try to open it from the TOC, Search or Index. Is there something I should be looking for to resolve this problem? Thnks!!
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Topic Doesn't Display in WebHelp Output

Post by lacastle »

I think we need more information. The topic shows up in your TOC, search, and index, but if you click on it, nothing happens? what makes this topic different from any other ones? is it linked correctly in the TOC? can you open it normally in Flare (the xml editor)? was it visible in the past and suddenly not anymore? if so, have you changed anything (like styles or the skin or conditions)? have you tried cleaning the project and re-generating?
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Post by jblackwood »

This particular topic isn't any different than any of the others we have. It is linked properly in the TOC. I can bring the topic up in Flare in the XML Editor without a problem. I cannot say with 100% certainty that it was visible in the WebHelp output before, but this is the first time it has been reported. I haven't done anything with skins, etc in a while. I've regenrated the project a couple times now with the same result.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

can you just recreate the topic and see if that works?

1. create a new blank topic
2. copy all the old content into the new topic
3. delete the old topic. do not remove links.
4. rename the new topic to the same name as the old one. the links to this topic should all work if the name is exactly the same (and it's in the right directory)
* make sure you apply the correct stylesheet, etc. to the new topic.
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Post by jblackwood »

That seemed to do the trick. Any idea why that may have worked? Well, now with that said I just compared the old and new files and I see a chunk of code near the beginning of the old file that is not in the new one.

MadCap:ignoredWords="Alt+;COL;Appts;Day(s;Location(s;Department(s;Resource(s;Appt;day(s;DuGood;J;min;Collector(s;period(s;Dept;Unblocking;cell(s;XX's;NN's;Type(s;RecallInfo.dot;Alt+the;Shift+down;Capitated;PPO-HMO;PPO;Healthcare;DED;Cert;Group#;yyyy;mmddccyy;Phys;CRNA;MISC;Med;Rec;SSN;100%;Loc;Min;provider(s;render(s;Provider(s;Proc;Eff;Profile(s;yy;RVUs;c;batch(es;Svc;selection(s;letter(s;HMO's;EOB's;Reimb;8th;Sched;ccyy;PE;Depts;record(s;include(s;HMO;OB-GYN;Higgins;CK;RB;time(s;Lambert;Jr;Document(s;Action(s;NEWPAT;person(s;field(s;Tel#;Options#Procedure_fee_basis;Overview#To;Management#Transferring_a_Collection_Account;Document#Editing_a_Master_Document;Procedure_Series_Maintenance;Reimbursement_Detail;Default(s;date(s;Patient_ID;Patient_Number;Patient_Name;Patient_LFI;Patient_First_Name;Patient_MI;Patient_Last_Name;Patient_Suffix;Patient_City;Patient_State;Patient_Zip_Code;Patient_Country;Patient_SSN;Patient_Sex;Patient_DOB;Patient_Age;Patient_Enterprise_Number;Patient_Employer_ID;Patient_Employer_Abbrev;Patient_Employer_Name;Patient_Med_Rec_Loc_Abbr;Patient_Med_Rec_Loc_Desc;Patient_Med_Rec_No;Account_ID;Account_Number;Account_Type_Abbr;Account_Type_Desc;Guarantor_ID;Guarantor_Name;Guarantor_LFI;Guarantor_First_Name;Guarantor_MI;Guarantor_Last_Name;Guarantor_Suffix;Guarantor_City;Guarantor_State;Guarantor_Country;Guarantor_Zip_Code;Prim_Policy_Carrier_ID;Prim_Policy_Carrier_Abbr;Prim_Policy_Carrier_Name;Prim_Policy_Carrier_Category_Abbr;Prim_Policy_Carrier_Category_Descr;Prim_Policy_Carrier_Reporting_Class_Abbr;Prim_Policy_Carrier_Reporting_Class_Descr;Prim_Policy_Effective_Date;Prim_Policy_Expiration_Date;Prim_Policy_Plan_Descr;Prim_Policy_CoPay;Sec_Policy_Carrier_ID;Sec_Policy_Carrier_Abbr;Sec_Policy_Carrier_Name;Sec_Policy_Carrier_Category_Abbr;Sec_Policy_Carrier_Category_Descr;Sec_Policy_Carrier_Reporting_Class_Abbr;Sec_Policy_Carrier_Reporting_Class_Descr;Sec_Policy_Effective_Date;Sec_Policy_Expiration_Date;Sec_Policy_Plan_Descr;Sec_Policy_CoPay;Usual_Dr_ID;Usual_Dr_Abbr;Usual_Dr_Name;Usual_Dr_LFI;Usual_Dr_First_Name;Usual_Dr_MI;Usual_Dr_Last_Name;Usual_Dr_Suffix;Usual_Dr_City;Usual_Dr_State;Usual_Dr_Country;Usual_Dr_Zip_Code;Refer_Dr_ID;Refer_Dr_Abbr;Refer_Dr_Name;Refer_Dr_LFI;Refer_Dr_First_Name;Refer_Dr_MI;Refer_Dr_Last_Name;Refer_Dr_Suffix;Refer_Dr_City;Refer_Dr_State;Refer_Dr_Country;Refer_Dr_Zip_Code;PCP_Dr_ID;PCP_Abbr;PCP_Name;PCP_LFI;PCP_First_Name;PCP_MI;PCP_Last_Name;PCP_Suffix;PCP_City;PCP_State;PCP_Country;PCP_Zip_Code;line(s;Carrier(s" MadCap:id="Day Type Maintenance" MadCap:comment="10/19/20 ?? for development dealing with choice of increments and appointment duriation and the program not recognizing that appointment times overlap. Will need to go back and rework. Not given to Nancy" MadCap:timeEstimate="0" MadCap:priority="0" MadCap:check_list="First Draft,Added To TOC" MadCap:status="In Progress"

I'm guessing it came over when we imported our RoboHelp project into Flare. None of it means much to me since I know next to nothing about html and xml, but I am trying to teach myself as I go along. Thanks for the suggestions!

Jeff
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

RoboHelp is weird [most of the time]. I'm glad it works now.