Flash output issues and questions

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
dragon_matt
Jr. Propeller Head

Flash output issues and questions

Post by dragon_matt »

On the generated Sections Page why does it say section at the end of each movie's title? How can this stopped from being created?

How can I change the opening window to full screen to display the movie?

How can I remove the need for an extra click to get in to the movie? At the moment I first need to click to activate and use this control, after clicking the movie jumps up the screen a little bit and I can interact with the movie.

Also in flash output my previous and next movie buttons do not work. It works fine in madcap player.

Help!!!

Thanks,

Matt
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

1) Can you send me a screen shot of this first issue?

2) In the movie properties you can set the size of the movie, also you can change the size of each frame.

3) Are you refering to the start of the movie from your Flare Project?

4) I would need to see the proejct as to why the buttons are not working
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
dragon_matt
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dragon_matt »

Sorry I cannot see a way to attach a screen shot.

1) The page looks like this:

Sections:

Login_Section

Create Class Grade Book_Section

Export to Admin Plus_Section

Export to Excel_Section

Seating Chart_Section

The underscore is not apparent on the page because it is all underlined. The part before 'section' is the movie name.

2) Yes I can do it like that.

3) The start of the movie in the browser.

4) I can send you a copy, but if it is working in Mimic, works in madcap player, shouldn't it work in flash player?

Thanks Richard.
dragon_matt
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dragon_matt »

I changed the movie size. That was painful the backgrounds resize but all the mouse movements and other elements do not line up.

Now I am having Flash output errors.

If I build it in madcap player format no problem. Other wise I get an internal compiler error. I can access your ftp site but can not upload. If I load the project movie as a movie and then compile the movie it results in the same error message. I tryed changing the tick boxes on the output page, still the same. I guess this is a bug in the software? I need my movies in Flash format ASAP!

I also noticed that if I start a sound on one page and then have it continue on to the next slide etc, when I want it to stop by clicking the stop sounds from previous page box, it does not work.

Thanks,

Matt
dragon_matt
Jr. Propeller Head

Output to FLASH

Post by dragon_matt »

I built the two movies which would not compile as seperate movies. For the third time :-( The first one works, the second one does not.

What can cause Compile errors? I need to get some support on this!

Matt
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I recommend opening a ticket here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/mimiccontact.aspx

In regards to posting images, you need to store the image on a web server and the click on the Img button above the post entry field. The format is as follows:
Insert image: [ img ]http://image_url[ /img ]
I added spaces in the brackets as not to confuse the forum in think that this is a real image url. When you post a screen shot you need to remove those spaces.
DDalrymple
Jr. Propeller Head

Back, forward buttons and button links to next section not w

Post by DDalrymple »

I am having the same issue. Although when the flash preview opens in MadCap player, the back, forward buttons work fine, they do not work when opened in a web browser. also, any button created that links to specified or next section, also do not function.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

I have seen this issue with Flash Player Security Settings, you may need to go to in the Flash Player securty settings to allow all. This can be changed by going to Adobe's website.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... tml#117502
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
SeaAndSun
Jr. Propeller Head

Flash Security

Post by SeaAndSun »

Does this mean that the intended users must also modify the setting? If so, that may be an issue for me.

Oh...I'm having a difficult time locating the \"Confirm\" button to acknowledge the security change.
aignacio
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Flash output issues and questions

Post by aignacio »

Is this still the case for flash outputs? My flash output buttons do not work, but it also still works fine while viewing. Will users need to change settings for the buttons to work?
Aislinn Ignacio
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Have you updated to Mimic version 2.0?
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
NickC
Propeller Head

Post by NickC »

To continue the thread with a few comments on Flash output...

Like others I have tried to test flash output of a web browser procedure with less than satiqsfactory results; no synchronization between mouse clicks/movements and page changes. I tested it on a non-web application with slightly better but far from satisfactory results.

I then tried to use mimic to generate a short animated fim using rectangles, arrows and texts with effects such as fade in and color transparency (to show a database being filled with data). Mimic-based output is OK but we need to have Flash and the results are way off being acceptable. The arrow heads are chopped in half, the trasparency layer does not work. The logo bitmap is pixelated. The effects are out of sequence. In short also unuseable. I'd like to send in a bug report but wouldn't know where to start. There are probably ways to tweak the film but I'm convinced that this output format just is not working yet.

Mimic has some good ideas and is probably exploitable with the viewer or in dotnethelp but those who need embedded web formats like flash, for me, do not have a viable tool as yet. I need a tool for my films, would love to be able to use Mimic but without serious improvements and fast I'm going to have to invest elsewhere...
dwag
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by dwag »

Amen to everything you just said.
drrms
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by drrms »

Hi everyone,

I'm using Mimic to capture a program and then convert it into a SWF file. It all goes perfectly well until the point when I want to insert a toolbar into the final movie. The thing is the toolbar, together with the skin, appears only when I'm using the Mimic player to play the movie, whereas using a browser uploads only the SWF file. Can the toolbar and the movie be somehow compiled in one SWF file?

Thanks.