Expand previously expanded drop-downs when user clicks Back?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
ChristineShirey
Propeller Head

Expand previously expanded drop-downs when user clicks Back?

Post by ChristineShirey »

I have a request from QA to return each topic to its previous state with regard to drop-down expansions when the user opens the topic by clicking the Back button in the Help skin.

In other words, if the user expands a drop-down section, clicks a link to jump to another topic, and then clicks Back to return to the first topic, the previously expanded drop-down should still be expanded.

Is anybody aware of a way to do that?

Thank you!
Christine
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Expand previously expanded drop-downs when user clicks Back?

Post by RamonS »

It should be possible with setting cookies and running additional ECMAScript on the page. How to make that happen? Beats me, I'm more the server side scripting guy.
hjohnson
Propeller Head

Post by hjohnson »

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? I didn't immediatly see any other similar posts. I also need my users to click a link from within a drop-down, and then be able to click back into the same place into the expanded drop-down.

Helen@Block
Helen@Block
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't think there's a way to do it unless you modify MadCap's Javascript code. Which you could do, but it would have to be an after-build modification, unless you modify the JS file in the Flare program file, in which case it would affect every project you build.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ChristineShirey
Propeller Head

Post by ChristineShirey »

LTinker68 wrote:I don't think there's a way to do it unless you modify MadCap's Javascript code. Which you could do, but it would have to be an after-build modification, unless you modify the JS file in the Flare program file, in which case it would affect every project you build.
I'm comfortable with doing either of those, so I welcome suggestions about how to modify the code. Do you think I'll need to rope in a development resource, or does anybody on the forum have any code changes to pass along so I could do it myself?

This is sounding like a real possibility. Thanks!
Christine