Flare Doesn't Import My Word Docx, then Freezes

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
vinnie99
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare Doesn't Import My Word Docx, then Freezes

Post by vinnie99 »

I'm trying this with a simple test doc and can't get it to work.

1. Create a Word 2007 doc called "test1.docx." This doc contains six lines: a line of text with a paragraph style, followed by a line of text with a character style, followed by the same repeated two more times.
2. Create a new Word Import file (flimp) in the "Imports" folder. Add text1.docx to it.
3. In the New Topic Styles tab, the style "No Spacing" is listed in both panes (so as to split the doc into separate topics).
4. In the Options tab, everything is unselected except "Auto-reimport before 'Generate Output.'
5. In the Stylesheet tab, no stylesheet is selected. Source Styles: "Don't Preserver MS Word Styles."

When I click "Import" (or "Reimport"), the Import Progress dialog opens. It shows that three new topics have been created (as expected), and then the whole program freezes. I have to open the Windows Task Manager to shut it down.

I've tried this numerous times, choosing different settings, and with different Word files and different styles.

Thanks for your help!
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare Doesn't Import My Word Docx, then Freezes

Post by RamonS »

I'd contact MadCap support and send them the file. I am sure they can find out what is going on (or not) and help you out.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Just a a bad import file in the project, Created a new import file in the project, and all was well
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

See, just as I said, support will fix it. :D