New Page Layouts

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jpeffley
Propeller Head

New Page Layouts

Post by jpeffley »

I've created various page layouts for a document I created in the previous version using Master Pages. I've included a First, Left, Right, and Empty. The Empty page works fine : )
The First page has no header, but when I output to PDF, I get the header that's on the Left and Right pages. The headers on the Left and Right page have the ruling (as do the footers) that were part of the template - but again, when I output to PDF, the header ruling is not showing. The body frame is not overlapping the header. I have indicated that the page is First, Left, Right in the Properties dialog box. What am I doing wrong?
mattbnh
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: New Page Layouts

Post by mattbnh »

jpeffley wrote:I've created various page layouts for a document I created in the previous version using Master Pages. I've included a First, Left, Right, and Empty. The Empty page works fine : )
The First page has no header, but when I output to PDF, I get the header that's on the Left and Right pages. The headers on the Left and Right page have the ruling (as do the footers) that were part of the template - but again, when I output to PDF, the header ruling is not showing. The body frame is not overlapping the header. I have indicated that the page is First, Left, Right in the Properties dialog box. What am I doing wrong?
Have you changed the settings in the Print toc to specify First page layout as the start page? (TOC Editor>Properties>Printed Output>Page Type)

Have you set the medium correctly in the target? Target Editor>Advanced tab>Stylesheet Medium)
Another possibility is that your target may still think it is using your master page instead of the page layouts (ccheck Advance tab>Master Page setting).

Hope something helps.
jpeffley
Propeller Head

Re: New Page Layouts

Post by jpeffley »

Right, I needed to specify the First page layout on the TOC for each new chapter. Seemed odd to me, because not every page in the chapter uses the First page layout, but that did the trick. Thanks.