Topics not opening

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Topics not opening

Post by jblackwood »

I have a couple topics (that I know of anyway) that will not open after in my WebHelp output. One of them is my startup topic. When the Output comes up, the main pane on the browser is blank. I can click on other topics in the TOC and they come up fine. This particular topic won't open if I click it via the TOC, Index, or Search either. There's also a TOC entry that is a link to a video that won't open either. Now here's where it gets a bit crazy! The bahavior I described above occurs on the output that I built once it has been integrated into our application. When I view the output on my local computer for isntance after I built it, everything works fine. From that I would think something went on when it was either checked into Source Control or when our developer integrated the Help in our application. However, when another of our writer's builds the output herself and views that ouput on her local computer, she can't open those topics either. Does all that make sense? Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks!
Jeff
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Topics not opening

Post by RamonS »

Do you use a web browser to view the output or Internet Explorer?
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Post by jblackwood »

Internet Explorer. I dug further and found that the WebHelp output checked into Source Control was missing files. As you may have guessed now, the files missing were indeed the ones that wouldn't open in Help. Don't know how they were missing or why. Appears to be OK now. Team Foundation hiccup I suppose.

Jeff
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Ah, well, that's good that you found out. Fits into the experiences that I had with TFS.
jblackwood
Propeller Head

Post by jblackwood »

Yep, it can be frustrating!

Jeff