Why do I get an Explict page break before every pic.?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ChristyPatton
Sr. Propeller Head

Why do I get an Explict page break before every pic.?

Post by ChristyPatton »

From Flare V4 to Word 07. I get an "Explicit page break" before every image. Some images are screen captures and some are hardware photos. All were modified with Capture 3 to accomodate both WebHelp and Word; single source output. All have img applied from the CSS but some have a p bar and an img bar while some have only the p bar referring to the show blocks. There are a few, say 5 images that do not have this problem. I have looked at them in both the CSS and Capture to see if something is different and I can't find anything. I have a couple of mapped images and one of them has the problem and the other doesn't.

In the img CSS I have page-break-after set to avoid as well as page-break-before.

What else should I look for?
Christy Patton
Technical Communications

MadPak
Flare 6.1
Capture 4.0
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Why do I get an Explict page break before every pic.?

Post by LTinker68 »

The img tag isn't a container tag, meaning it can't stand alone in the topic -- it always has to be inside another tag, whether it's a paragraph, DIV, blockquote, or whatever. So whether or not an image is pushed to the next page is determined by the container tag, not the img tag. If your images are always inside a <p> tag, then you can create a custom <p> class, set it to page-break-before: avoid, and apply that class to all the <p> tags that contain an image.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

ChristyPatton wrote:
In the img CSS I have page-break-after set to avoid as well as page-break-before.
I think I would pick just one of those options, not both at the same time - otherwise, they may end up fighting with each other.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
ChristyPatton
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ChristyPatton »

Apparently that solved the problem. I wish I could understand why this happened. I did not start the project therefore I do not know if different processes were used to add different images. That was probably part of it. Thank you for your help.
Christy Patton
Technical Communications

MadPak
Flare 6.1
Capture 4.0