RSS feeds?

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

RSS feeds?

Post by Ineffable »

I am interested in getting the Feedback Service. I notice that comments/posts are segregated to the page they're part of. Which is fine and a notable feature of the system.

In my help system, I have a table on the home page that shows, when users log in, what the latest changes are. However, I have to update that page manually. It would be nice if users--and myself--could see new posts that are made to pages buried deep within the help system. An RSS-type feed, if you will, that I could have on the front/home page (or on a banner--more below).

Is there way to programmatically insert such a feature or RSS-like feed? Even better, the RSS feed could be placed on the toolbar (via the Insert Javascript... feature?), which can be seen on every page as you navigate the help system.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: RSS feeds?

Post by Richard Ferrell »

There is really no way for Feedback server to have an RSS feed, you might be able to do something manually, and have a topic in your project that could be an RSS feed and your reader point ot that topic, but that would be outside of Flare and a Feedback server.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer