Multiple pointy bits

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Multiple pointy bits

Post by navoff »

Is there a way to have multiple pointy areas on a bubble callout? I have a screen capture that has several options for a user to access the same information. I wanted to create a single callout buble that had pointers to each location on the screen that a user could click to access the information.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Multiple pointy bits

Post by doc_guy »

The closest thing I can find is to use the ployline mode tool to create the effect manually, but the callouts don't have the nice rounded corners of the regular call outs. If you want, you can submit a feature request:

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by navoff »

doc_guy wrote:The closest thing I can find is to use the ployline mode tool to create the effect manually, but the callouts don't have the nice rounded corners of the regular call outs. If you want, you can submit a feature request:

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. The other thing I've tried is to stack callouts. I put one underneath the other with no text and have it point to the other spot on the screen. It would be nice if I could then merge the two but, it's better than nothing at this point.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

The problem with stacked ones is that the border extends over the "pointy thing" on lower layers.

I tried to do the same thing in SnagIT and I can't do it there either.

This might be a case where you need to go to Photoshop (or similar) to get the job done.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Oh, by the way, I neglected to welcome you to the forums. So, um, Welcome! :)
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by navoff »

doc_guy wrote:Oh, by the way, I neglected to welcome you to the forums. So, um, Welcome! :)
Well, um, Thanks!

I hear you about the boarder extending over the pointy bits but, short of photoshopping the thing (which would be a royal pain if you had to make changes to it), it's the best I could come up with given the tool's functionality.
JRP
DanAustin
Propeller Head

Post by DanAustin »

It shouldn't be TOO hard to do in Photoshop. Just make sure that each "pointy" is on its own layer, and I would make a separate layer for the text so that it's easily editable. Save the graphic as a Photoshop file (.psd) to keep the layers intact, then from that save whatever format you need to insert into your document.

Dan
Paul Griffiths
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Paul Griffiths »

FWIW, FullShot 9.5 can do two pointy things per bubble, but no more.