Can Mimic output a FLV file?

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
tasteslikechicken
Propeller Head

Can Mimic output a FLV file?

Post by tasteslikechicken »

We have an FLV player that we use for distributing a variety of movies on our website which I'd like to re-use for our Online Help System. It doesn't work with SWF files so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Assuming that Mimic cannot output FLV files,

1 - does anyone know of a converter that will convert SWF > FLV files?
2 - could anyone recommend a good SWF player?

Thanks!
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Can Mimic output a FLV file?

Post by RamonS »

There are plenty of tools around, just google for it, get a few, and stick with the one you like best.

You can also take a look at the excellent FLV player from Jeroen Wijering (http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player). It is designed to play FLV, but it does also play regular SWF files, but cannot read out the duration and dimensions. You can set the dimensions through XHTML on the page or have to do it dynamically with PHP for example in case the dimensions of the video clips are not consistent.
SG
Propeller Head

Post by SG »

This might be helpful:

If you have a copy of Adobe Flash (you may need the Pro version), you can create an HTML page that plays the FLV. You can then place this HTML page in your Flare WebHelp project, or create a link in your project that opens this page with the FLV movie.

SG
jbrock
Propeller Head

Post by jbrock »

So does it create an swf or flv?
Justin Brock
SEO Strategist at Bomgar
(former Technical Writer)

Flarestrap | Madcap Flare SEO
My Madcap Flare site
Twitter