Flare detecting open FM files when none are

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
peregrine
Propeller Head

Flare detecting open FM files when none are

Post by peregrine »

Hi - if no one has a quick fix for this one, I'll submit it as a possible bug. However, I suspect it's not reproducible. When I try to generate FrameMaker output, Flare is throwing the error that the files are currently open in FrameMaker. The problem: not only are the files not open, but FrameMaker is not open.

What I've tried: Closing both Flare and FrameMaker, then reopening. Same error message. Restarting the PC and reopening Flare. Same error.

Is there a file somewhere I can delete to make this error message go away and finish my output to FrameMaker? Huge thanks to anyone who knows this answer.
Ann Pai
peregrine
Propeller Head

Re: Flare detecting open FM files when none are

Post by peregrine »

Forgot one other thing I tried - I deleted the target and recreated it. Same error.
Ann Pai
rekiwi
Propeller Head

Post by rekiwi »

Hi Ann,

I ran into this myself a while ago. Drove me nuts. I'm using v3.1.

Did deleting and recreating your target also include deleting the contents of Flare's temp directories?

I cleared out the Output/user/Temporary and Output/Temp directories, and Flare stopped complaining about ghostly Frame files.

Now I regularly clear the directories out whenever Flare looks like it's going wonky.

Also, see the thread http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... =22&t=6513 for some heavy wisdom from QBF about clearing out the Windows temp directory as well.

Good luck!
peregrine
Propeller Head

Post by peregrine »

rekiwi -

Yup, that's confirmed. Deleting everything related under the Output directory took care of the problem.