reviewer's initials

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
ChristyPatton
Sr. Propeller Head

reviewer's initials

Post by ChristyPatton »

I had a first time reviewer jump in without coaching! Except when the dailog asked for his initials he didn't realize it and now his initials are a comma. How do I help him change that? I tried resetting one time dialogs without any succes..
Christy Patton
Technical Communications

MadPak
Flare 6.1
Capture 4.0
Ryan Cerniglia

Re: reviewer's initials

Post by Ryan Cerniglia »

Unfortunately this setting is hidden deep within the registry. Make sure that you create a backup of your registry before continuing in case of an error or problem.

You will most likely need to have Administrator rights on the machine in order to change this registry setting. In addition, make sure you close down all MadCap products on the computer before continuing.

Go to the Start menu and select "Run", then type in "regedit" to open the Registry Editor.

Once the Registry Editor is open, go to the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MadCap Software\Shared\EMail

Then, double-click the "Initials" item on the right side, and change the Value data to the correct initials in the Edit String prompt. Click OK to save the change, then exit the registry editor.

Any future annotations will have these initials, but past annotations will not be changed to use the current initials setting.

Hope that helps!
ChristyPatton
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: reviewer's initials

Post by ChristyPatton »

You are correct, hidden deep but easy to fix if you know how. Thank you!
Christy Patton
Technical Communications

MadPak
Flare 6.1
Capture 4.0