Title in main frame file

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Title in main frame file

Post by Ineffable »

The <title> tag in the main frame file (The file with the name specified in the Output File field in the Basic tab of the Target) is always WebHelp. Is there a way to change this, other than editing the file in a text editor?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Title in main frame file

Post by LTinker68 »

Isn't that controlled by the Caption field of the Skin Editor, Basic tab?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

LTinker68 wrote:Isn't that controlled by the Caption field of the Skin Editor, Basic tab?
Yes, that's correct.

I guess I am just confused by what's shown in the HTML versus what the browser displays. What I have in the Caption field does show up in the browser window's title. However, if I View Source for the main frame, it shows Webhelp. It doesn't get displayed anywhere, but it's in the HTML. On the other hand, I can't find, in the code, what I have typed in the Caption field.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Never noticed that before. It must be getting replaced by a function call in a Javascript file, because when I just loaded a WebHelp that I hadn't viewed in awhile, it started as "WebHelp" but then changed to my caption title once the page was fully loaded.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

LTinker68 wrote:Never noticed that before. It must be getting replaced by a function call in a Javascript file, because when I just loaded a WebHelp that I hadn't viewed in awhile, it started as "WebHelp" but then changed to my caption title once the page was fully loaded.
Yes, I get that as well. It seems like the same phenomenon as when the MadCap logo shows up in the Toolbar for a split second, then gets replaced by a custom logo.

Aesthetically, it's not very pleasing.