Placement of icons on the toolbar

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
phanna
Sr. Propeller Head

Placement of icons on the toolbar

Post by phanna »

Hi there,

I'd like to change the placement of the print icon on my webhelp toolbar. Currently it is the only icon I'm using and I'd like it to appear on the far right of the toolbar. Currently it sits on the far left. I can't find a way in the UI to change this.
Does anyone know how to alter it's position?
Many thanks,
Paula
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Placement of icons on the toolbar

Post by NorthEast »

I'm afraid you can't make the regular buttons right-aligned.

The 'about' button does appear in that position though, and in theory this could be modified to act like a print button - if you don't mind a bit of fiddling about...

To do that, you'd need to edit the button ToolbarItem > Logo. Set its Icon image (perhaps get a copy of the print icon from the output folder). Set its OnClick action to print the topic - enter this exactly: parent.frames["body"].focus(); parent.frames["body"].print();
phanna
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by phanna »

I'll give that a try, thanks Dave.
If I opt to replace the corporate icon with a print button, is there a way to have the corporate icon appear on the left side of the nav bar?

Thanks!
Paula
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

A corporate icon that opens a website? Add a new ToolbarItem class, make it a Button type, and set its OnClick properties to window.open("http://www.yourwebsite.com", "_blank");
KDSTechwriter
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by KDSTechwriter »

Dave Lee wrote:A corporate icon that opens a website? Add a new ToolbarItem class, make it a Button type, and set its OnClick properties to window.open("http://www.yourwebsite.com", "_blank");
I just did that. I want my company logo replacing madcap logo and to be able to click on it to go to our website.
Well, some strange things are happening, when I click on the new logo, an old icon of mine is displaying instead of opening our company website...I really don't understand what's happening since this old icon of mine has been deleted from the Resources/Images folder a long time ago!!!
Can somebody help? :(
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

The images selected via the skin may originally have been pulled from the Resources\Images folder, but for some reason, it saves another copy of them elsewhere and it's that version that you have to change. Basically, what you have to do is reselect another image to replace the previous one or set the option to not have an image. (I think that's an option -- I don't have Flare open at the moment.)

And if I recall, there is a logo field you need to change and the about box needs to be changed separately -- so deleting it from the logo icon on the toolbar doesn't delete it from the about box and vice versa. (Again, don't have Flare open, so saying this from memory.)

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Right, I'm getting really confused about which buttons you want where.

In the skin Styles tab, the ToolbarItem list shows your buttons. The Logo button is the one that is displayed on the right, and is by default the MadCap logo.
If you want to add your own buttons, right-click in the ToolbarItem list and select Add class. Set the ControlType to Button.

For either the Logo or your own custom button, you can set the Icon(s) and OnClick action, depending on what you decide you want each button to do.

If you're seeing old versions of icons, then select [Browse for Image...] and select the image file. This will update the version of the image that is stored in the skin file.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

And once you've done that, delete the entire Output folder before building, otherwise the browser may load the cached image instead of your new image when you view the output.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.