Table tags in Frame output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
rekiwi
Propeller Head

Table tags in Frame output

Post by rekiwi »

Apologies if this has been covered. The forum search doesn't let me search for "table", "tag", "style", or "stylesheet" as they're "too common words".

Anyhoo, can anyone explain why every table in my Frame output gets it's own instance of a table tag?

For example, three tables in the Flare source tagged "ColumnWidthNoTitle" end up as "ColumnWidthNoTitle","ColumnWidthNoTitle_1", and "ColumnWidthNoTitle_2" in the Frame output.

I was using table styles in the regular stylesheet, so I tried using Flare's special table stylesheets.

No difference, except the tags in the Frame output are now "TableStyle_ColumnWidthNoTitle","TableStyle_ColumnWidthNoTitle_1", and "TableStyle_ColumnWidthNoTitle_2".

This behavior renders the Frame output impossibly cumbersome to work with.

Thank goodness for Silicon Prairie Software's Table Tools. Without it, I'd be dead in the water.

Am I missing something? Is anyone else dealing with this?

I'm on XP with Frame 8 and Flare 3.1.
rekiwi
Propeller Head

Re: Table tags in Frame output

Post by rekiwi »

I logged a bug and got a response:

"This is as designed. If there are any size differences in the tables at all, each will get its own style sheet."

Apparently, I've been a bit too freewheeling in my design and application and haven't been thinking structured enough.

Huge thanks to Madcap for responding to me about this.