Links in SWF not working with DotNet viewer

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
Mark Johnson
Propeller Head

Links in SWF not working with DotNet viewer

Post by Mark Johnson »

Our company is considering the DotNet Viewer for our application help system (switching from WebHelp), and everything seems to be working fine except one topic, which may be enough to keep us from switching...

Hypertext links within our Visual Index, an SWF, do not seem to work. Well, not reliably, as I got them to work a few times (which is especially confusing). Also, some of the Flash animations are not behaving properly. I have attached a sample project...

1. Open the project in the DotNew Viewer (we're using 4.1).
2. Open the Visual Index topic.
3. Click the rehearsal letter at the top (the "A" in a box). An information box appears.
4. Click the "rehearsal letters" link. (I have added the "Rehearsal_Letters.htm" topic for this sample).

The link doesn't work. Also the "X" in the lower left of the info box doesn't respond. All this works fine in WebHelp.

Is there something I'm missing here? Are there limitations to Flash movies in the DotNet Viewer? Any ideas for how to get these links working properly?

Thanks for your help!
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Johnson
Propeller Head

Re: Links in SWF not working with DotNet viewer

Post by Mark Johnson »

More info...

1. If I open the info box, then click in the Navigation Pane, then click the "rehearsal letters" link, it works.
2. If I click in the Navigation Pane, the "X" also works in the lower left corner of the info box (closes the box).
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Links in SWF not working with DotNet viewer

Post by Richard Ferrell »

This has been logged as a bug with our developers.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer