Submit feedback dialog getting cutoff

This forum is for general questions about Feedback Explorer and Feedback Server.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Submit feedback dialog getting cutoff

Post by Ineffable »

Some of my users are reporting that the feedback dialog is getting cutoff at the bottom so that the SUBMIT and CANCEL buttons are not visible, and cannot be clicked.

I was trying it on my PC with Firefox, Safari and IE ( 7 & 8 ) and could not replicate the problem. The users having issues are using Firefox 3.0 on Windows. I have attached a screenshot of the issue in my help system.

Any ideas?
feedback_error.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Submit feedback dialog getting cutoff

Post by doc_guy »

Do the users have JavaScript disabled? Do they all have the same extension installed that might interfere? This form is JavaScript, if I'm not mistaken, so if they have some extension that disables or modifies how JS works, then the form won't work properly for them.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

I received an email from a Certified Flare Representative, who gave me a patch for this error. However, BEFORE I applied the patch my users reported that the dialog box error was fixed!

I have no explanation other than that. I didn't even rebuild my project after the error was reported. It just started working again.
jamesw
Propeller Head

Post by jamesw »

We found that it only occurred when trying to leave a comment for a long topic (i.e. a topic where you had to page down) AND you were adding a comment by clicking the Add Comment button at the bottom of the page rather than opening the accordion item and clicking Add Comment in that.
I reported it to MadCap, got a patch, applied it, and haven't had any problems since then.
James Willoughby