Align Text Left in a Table Cell

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
papa-mike
Propeller Head

Align Text Left in a Table Cell

Post by papa-mike »

I have a strange topic title that is actually made up of two table cells with the table topic title in the Left-hand cell and alligned left. The right-hand cell holds the main parameters and is alligned right (the FLARE text editor actually shows that), this cell has another style. The problem is that It IS NOT alligned right.
Just for the record this same topic should force a page break but it DOES NOT (I have added myself to this problem created by CANAUSSIE). Seems we both can't.
Mike
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Align Text Left in a Table Cell

Post by wclass »

Is your output to Word? A page break instruction is only recognised in the left-most cell in a table - if the page break is in the right-most cell it won't work.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
papa-mike
Propeller Head

Post by papa-mike »

Thansk Margaret.
The tag is on the left-hand cell.
Actually I am trying to get the right-hand cell to allign right also to no avail.
Can Aussie gave me an HTML command to force a page break but that means I have to use it a few hundred times.
Thanks again
Mike
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Hmm - I've managed to do that. I created a class under <p> and set the "text-align" property to right - can be found in the Block property group. Are you working with paragraphs <p> or with the <td> element? I have is working in CHM, webhelp and Word output.
papa-mike
Propeller Head

Post by papa-mike »

Sorry I forgot to mention we are building PDF outputs but we may need Word as well.
I need to get the engineers to add information to the project-how do you do that as painlessly as possible.
Working in Word was so fast and easy now everything is a hassle.
I created the project from Word and in the FLARE HTML editor format toolbar the cells in question show that they are RIGHT alligned and the HTML (CHM) output is GOOD it is ONLY the output in PDF that is a problem.
Any ideas?
Maybe I should report it as a bug.
Mike
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

I'm out of ideas. The next step I'd take is to have a look at the code in a text editor to see if there is anything odd. Maybe there are some inline styles overriding the paragraph alignment?
papa-mike
Propeller Head

Post by papa-mike »

You are right, and I need to start remembering HTML commands.
When HTML started I was at IBM and was forced to learn, but I have so far managed to do without looking at the code.
A loooong time ago. Is this going to be fun?
Many thanks
Mike
rob hollinger
Propellus Maximus

Post by rob hollinger »

Double check your styles under each medium in the style sheet editor.
If its working in HTML Help and not PDF - odds are the style applied was done under the non-print medium.

RH
Rob Hollinger
MadCap Software