format footnotes superscript and border

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
etk
Propeller Head

format footnotes superscript and border

Post by etk »

In my PDF output, I want the numeric superscript that appears to the right of the defined word to be a smaller font that the actual footer. Is it possible? It seems to be set in css MadCap | footnote, Font?

Also, how to I edit the line/border that appears above the actual footnote of my PDF? In MadCap | footnote, I have my Print medium Border set to 'none', but I still get the top border.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: format footnotes superscript and border

Post by forfear »

i assume you're outputting this to Word and not to PDF.

In Word unfortunately, Flare does not change the 'Footnote Separator.
But with some post processing, in Word, edit the footnote separator.

In PDF, you editing the line, changes the line in PDF.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
etk
Propeller Head

Post by etk »

No, my output is to PDF. I think that the superscript takes the font size from the text in which it appears and therefore cannot be changed.
I still don't know how to edit the border that appears at the bottom of the page above all the footnotes. Help?
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

etk wrote: I still don't know how to edit the border that appears at the bottom of the page above all the footnotes. Help?

For screenshots see your

How to edit the border above footnotes

Open the topic style sheet that you want to modify.

In the local toolbar, make sure the first button displays (which means that the Advanced view is currently shown in the editor). If the button displays instead, then click it.
In the upper-left corner of the editor, click in the Show Styles field and select Show Footnote Styles.
In the Styles section of the editor, select MadCap|footnotesBlock.

From the Show Properties drop-down list on the upper-right side of the editor, select Show: Property Groups.
Do any of the following, depending on what you want to accomplish:

Change the border color:

In the Properties section, click the plus button next to Border to expand the group.

The property name is shown in the left column. The right column is used for selecting and entering values for the property.

Locate the border-top-color property.
In the value column on the right side of that property, click the down arrow and select a color from the popup. For advanced color options, select More Colors and use the fields in the Color Picker dialog.

See the topics in your Flare help, Editing Footnotes and Editing the Border Above Footnotes.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
etk
Propeller Head

Post by etk »

Many thanks for your help. That gets rid of the border - which is what I wanted!