Help? Analyzer finding "broken" links, etc., in Snippets

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
carolynmwallace
Sr. Propeller Head

Help? Analyzer finding "broken" links, etc., in Snippets

Post by carolynmwallace »

I've learned a LOT since joining this forum, and I'm trying to use Flare and Analyzer together to maintain a good, clean Flare project. One thing I learned is that when I have a topic that needs to be in two different books, create TWO topics and use a snippet to hold the page content, rather than duplicating the topic in two places in the Table of Contents. I see the rationale in that and I'm in the process of fixing my project.

However, when I run the updated project through Analyzer, it's finding lots of problems in those new snippets. It's saying all the links are broken, and all the styles used in them are "undefined" because there's no CSS link in the snippets. When the project is built, however, everything works correctly because the links are written correctly for the Topic, and the Topic has the correct CSS link.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this expected behavior that I don't need to worry about?
carolynmwallace
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Help? Analyzer finding "broken" links, etc., in Snippets

Post by carolynmwallace »

*Bump*
So no one has ever seen this behavior? It's just me? :cry:
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I haven't experienced that, but I also haven't used Analyzer in a while. From your description it sounds as if Analyzer should be smarter and check in which topics the snippet currently analyzed is used and if after marrying those together anything is amiss. It is well possible that you used a style in a snippet that truly is not defined anywhere and I am sure you'd like to know about it.
My recommendation is to file a bug report here: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
Andrew Heard
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Andrew Heard »

I'd like to add to this discussion - I'm also finding undefined classes in snippets - it's because the snippet isn't linked to the stylesheet.

I haven't found anywhere in the GUI to link a snippet to a stylesheet so I'm inserting a line in the <head> section:

<link href="../Stylesheets/xxxx.css" rel="stylesheet" />

This exposes all the stylesheet styles in the snippet and they no longer show up as undefined in Analyzer.

I suppose I should be using a Template for my snippets, but, well, I'm not.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.