How do I style a topic popup link?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
itauthor
Propeller Head

How do I style a topic popup link?

Post by itauthor »

When I insert a topic popup, Flare allows me to choose a Style Class in the Insert Topic Popup dialog box. This is great and the style I want (dark green link text, no decoration, dashed border-bottom) shows up just fine within Flare. However, when I compile to HTML Help the class reference I added is removed and replaced by class="MCPopupSpot". There is no MadCap|PopupSpot class in the style editor and when I manually add style details for .MCPopupSpot in my .css file it has no effect. I've tried changing the a.Popup style but this also has no effect. The link text always keeps the same style as the rest of my <a>-tagged text.

Does anyone know the secret sauce for getting this to work. It seems weird that the Insert Topic Popup dialog box has a Style Class field to allow you to add a class of your own choosing, but then strips this out at build time.

Alistair Christie
http://www.itauthor.com
GregStenhouse
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How do I style a topic popup link?

Post by GregStenhouse »

It works fine for me (Flare 4.1). I defined a new class under "a" in the stylesheet (e.g. DarkGreen), and selected the DarkGreen style when inserting the topic popup.

When building HTML help, Flare creates a new class in ...SkinSupport\MadCap.css called "a.MCPopupSpot_DarkGreen" with my defined styles. (It seems this isn't happening for you)

Try raising an issue so Madcap support can take a look.

Cheers
Greg