Database grows over time

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Database grows over time

Post by bobmoon »

A couple of writers just finished a major release and they were telling me how slow Flare was running at the end (of course, the most critical time). They would sometimes wait seconds between typing keystrokes. (They didn't tell me this in the midst of the panic time when I might have been able to help.) Now that they've started working on a new release, lo and behold, Flare is working much faster.

I looked in the previous release folder, and the Analyzer database is 300MB. In the fresh copy where they've been working a few weeks, the database is 40MB.

Does Analyzer maintain stats or history that would cause it to grow that much over time? I know that we can delete the Analyzer folder and Flare will re-create it, but what will we lose? Is it just good practice to delete the darn thing every month or so, or at a certain size?

Thanks!
Bob
Madcap Guru
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Database grows over time

Post by Madcap Guru »

You can delete the analyzer folder, it will be recreated the next time Flare or Analyzer start.
Rick Ferrell

Former Flare and Robohelp Support
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Database grows over time

Post by forfear »

The only thing you'll lose is the historical data about the growth of the project

number of topics
number of words
number of segments
number of images

for every day the project was analyzed.

apart from that .. nothing else i guess
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder