why the message 'Word output target is not up-to-date?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
susant
Jr. Propeller Head

why the message 'Word output target is not up-to-date?

Post by susant »

Hi,
i am getting a message that my Word output target is not up-to-date. Can anyone tell me where I have gone wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Susant Paikaray
Hyderabad
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: why the message 'Word output target is not up-to-date?

Post by KevinDAmery »

It means that you've made changes to your project since the last time you built your Word target, so the content in the Word document probably doesn't match what you have in Flare anymore. This is normal, and not anything you've done wrong. If you click Yes Flare will rebuild your Word doc.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: why the message 'Word output target is not up-to-date?

Post by LTinker68 »

BTW, it will give you that message if all you did was insert a space in a topic and saved it. It's telling you the Word output isn't up-to-date because it's comparing the modified date of the files used in the last build and it sees that one is newer than the last build, hence it knows you made a change. Likewise if you make a change to the glossary file, the TOC, and so on, it will tell you the file is up-to-date.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.