Flare 5 punctuation

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
alaltenburg
Sr. Propeller Head

Flare 5 punctuation

Post by alaltenburg »

Has anyone found a work around for the punctuation bug? I tend to see periods on a new line by itself instead of at the end of the word. Here is another example currently in my PDF output.
example.png
Andrea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.

— Arthur C. Clarke
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 5 punctuation

Post by KevinDAmery »

If the "Using Calculator" text enclosed in tags of some type (like a span or xref?) That's usually what causes this: Flare gets confused by the tag. If so, you might consider including the quotes inside the tag rather than outside of it.

(Or, I guess it could be because the end quote is an entity rather than a character, and Flare doesn't recognize it as part of the phrase. Not sure what to suggest about that....)
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

So much for hoping that bug would be fixed in v5. Make sure you submit a bug report at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
alaltenburg
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by alaltenburg »

Kevin,

You were right. There was a span tag enclosing the end quote separate from the rest of the quote. I deleted the span tag and the new build is correct :)

Andrea
The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.

— Arthur C. Clarke