Unhandled Exception Error at startup...

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
Peter Breeden
Propeller Head

Unhandled Exception Error at startup...

Post by Peter Breeden »

Hi folks:

I opened my Help System today and received the attached Unhandled Exception Error. Has anybody received this error before? What can I do to resolve this issue?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Unhandled Exception Error at startup...

Post by forfear »

Sounds like a hyphenation engine being denied access. you're running
CHM help?
.NET Help?

You install a service pack Release?

Copied a file from over the network?
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
Peter Breeden
Propeller Head

Post by Peter Breeden »

Thanks for the reply. :-)

My targets are CHM, .NET and PDF.

My source files are on my local drive. However, I ran a new software package called Sophos last week and I noticed that it has quarantined the DihyphEngine.DLL as a suspicious file. Humph! Can DLLs get infected? Or, did Sophos just think this file was irregular and tag it just in case? Ideas? What is a good plan of action?

Cheers,
Peter
Madcap Guru
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Madcap Guru »

If this wast he compiled help file, Then I would try a sample help file and see if that opens, if it doesn't open or the same error, I would reinstall Dot Net Drivers
Rick Ferrell

Former Flare and Robohelp Support
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Peter Breeden wrote:Thanks for the reply. :-)

My targets are CHM, .NET and PDF.

My source files are on my local drive. However, I ran a new software package called Sophos last week and I noticed that it has quarantined the DihyphEngine.DLL as a suspicious file. Humph! Can DLLs get infected? Or, did Sophos just think this file was irregular and tag it just in case? Ideas? What is a good plan of action?

Cheers,
Peter
Unquarantine that file and everything should be good. It looks like Sophos found a false positive.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Peter Breeden
Propeller Head

Post by Peter Breeden »

Hi Rick:

Thanks for your feedback. I opened the sample Help project with the same error result. So, I guess I need to reinstall my DLLs. I originally downloaded my v4.2 MadCap Help software from the Web site so I don't have the DVDs. So ... what is the best way to obtain these DLL drivers? Is there a place on the Web Site where I can download these files?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Peter
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

Check the email that came with the payment confirmation. There is a location in there to download the file .

If not, sign up to a Flare trial, download the 'Flare trial' its the same as the full version of Flare.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
Peter Breeden
Propeller Head

Post by Peter Breeden »

Hey everybody:

Thanks for all your replies. I will look into unquarantining the file as well as downloading the trial version to get the dlls. An employee previous to me downloaded the original source software and I do not have access to his emails to find the original link.

This peer group Rocks!

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Peter
Vibha
Propeller Head

Post by Vibha »

Hi folks:

I opened Help System today and received the attached Unhandled Exception Error. Has anybody received this error before? What can I do to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Vibha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joy
Propeller Head

Post by joy »

Hello,

I'm wondering whether (or if) you resolved this issue? I upgraded to Flare V5 (which is the only recent change to my system), and now this error appears every time I start up Flare.

Regards,
Joy