Help? Having problems with Analyzer 2.3 working with Flare 5

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
carolynmwallace
Sr. Propeller Head

Help? Having problems with Analyzer 2.3 working with Flare 5

Post by carolynmwallace »

I recently upgraded to both Analyzer 2.3 and Flare 5. I have four problems (at the moment!)

1. When I send a topic from Analyzer to Flare, it opens the topic in Flare 2.5, not Flare 5. Is there something I can do to fix this? (Was I supposed to delete Flare 2.5 when I upgraded? The installation instructions didn't say anything, and normally an upgrade writes over the old version. I now have two versions of both Analyzer and Flare!) :?:

2. Flare 5 came with a new variable set called "Headings." My variable set was named "Primary." Whenever I tried to insert a variable, Headings would come up first by default and I would have to click Primary to bring its variables up. To save myself from a million future clicks, I renamed my variable set "Custom." I went through the code of the entire project replacing "Primary.VariableName" with "Custom.VariableName." Now Flare is perfectly happy, but Analyzer is saying that every one of the 840 variables in my project is undefined!! I've tried deleting variables and re-inserting them, but Analyzer still says they're undefined.

3. Same problem as number 2, but this time it's with my Conditions set. Again, it was Primary; I renamed it to Custom, etc., etc. Analyzer is calling all 1,220 of my conditions undefined.

4. Analyzer says I have 23 broken links. All the broken links are in my Target files (e.g., Manual1.fltar) and they all go to the old Primary Variable set. How can I tell the Target files that Primary has been renamed Custom? By the way, Flare 5 has no problem pulling the right variables from Custom when building targets. UPDATED TO ADD: I opened the FLTAR files in Notepad this afternoon and was able to remove the old Primary variables. I swear, though, those weren't there when I opened the files in Notepad this morning!
Last edited by carolynmwallace on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Help? Having problems with Analyzer 2.3 working with Flare 5

Post by LTinker68 »

carolynmwallace wrote:The installation instructions didn't say anything, and normally an upgrade writes over the old version. I now have two versions of both Analyzer and Flare!)
I can't answer your other questions (haven't played with either program much lately), but I can answer this question. Flare does not overwrite versions of different "major" levels; it only overwrites if it's the same major level. For instance, Flare version 4.2 overwrote version 4.0, but version 5.0 did not overwrite version 4.2. Likewise, Analyzer version 2.3 should have overwritten version 2.0 or 2.2 (whatever the previous version was) but it wouldn't have overwritten version 1.x.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
carolynmwallace
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Help? Having problems with Analyzer 2.3 working with Flare 5

Post by carolynmwallace »

Ah...Thanks, Lisa. You described my situation exactly: Analyzer 1 and Flare 2.5.

Good to know!