Selecting a new page type

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Cinnamon
Sr. Propeller Head

Selecting a new page type

Post by Cinnamon »

Hi folks
I've created a new page type and given it a name and a type in the Page Properties dialog box.
However, I can't create a new page type. So, it seems I can't assign the new page to one of the topics in my TOC.
Obviously, since I can create new pages, I should be able to select them. I must be missing something here.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Suze

PS I suppose I could create a new page layout and edit the default pages to cover the alternatives I need. Is this the way the page layouts are intended to be used? I don't believe this is correct. I'd really appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Selecting a new page type

Post by LTinker68 »

Cinnamon wrote:I've created a new page type ... However, I can't create a new page type.
Uh, do you mean you can create a new page layout but can't create pages in it, or do you mean you added a new page to an existing page layout and now can't select that page when modifying a TOC entry?

If it's the latter, then I believe you can't have two identical page types in the same page layout (which makes you wonder why they even allow you to name the page). So you can't have two "Right" pages in the same page layout, for example. Likewise, although they don't really indicate this in the screens anywhere, you can't have a Normal page and Right/Left pages in the same page layout.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Cinnamon
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Selecting a new page type

Post by Cinnamon »

Hi Lisa
Thanks for that. It's the latter. I was trying to create a second left page. Since I'd named it I'd convinced myself that I must be able to select it somehow.
I'll add this to the bug list as it's very confusing (and I'm easily confused at times :) )
Thanks for confirming this.

Suze