Import table class is always "Default"

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Mark Jacober
Propeller Head

Import table class is always "Default"

Post by Mark Jacober »

Hi,

I'm using Flare 3.1. When I import from FrameMaker, all tables in the end up with Class=Default, despite their being uniquely tagged in FrameMaker and there being a corresponding table style in my CSS. After the import, I can pick the correct table style in Flare, but I don't believe I should have to do that manually.

Any thoughts on how to get the table's style to 'stick'?

Thanks,
Mark
RickHenkel
Propeller Head

Re: Import table class is always "Default"

Post by RickHenkel »

I know this is an old question, but I thought I'd chime in just in case Mark is still looking for an answer.

If I remember correctly, there's no way to change that behavior in Flare 3.1. All tables import as "Default" tables.

When I was using v3.1, I had a workaround for this shortcoming. For the most part, Flare 3.1 seems to always assign the same TD class each time you import your Frame files. For example, one of the cells in my FrameMaker Note_Table may always import as td.CellClass_2618847253 in Flare. I was able to determine which class matched up with which Frame table style and modify my stylesheet accordingly. Took me a while, but because we were using Flare only to convert Frame to HTML and didn't want to edit files in Flare, it was essential.

The good news? Starting with version 4, Flare has done a much better job of importing table styles from FrameMaker.