Word target error

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Word target error

Post by Ineffable »

Near completion of my Word output, I get an error:

"Internal error: Generation of output can not be completed. Command failed"

I have Word 2007 running on XP. Flare 4.2.0.

When I browse the output folder, there are a bunch of PDF files created, but no Word docs. I even set the output filename to .doc.

Any help?
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Word target error

Post by doc_guy »

Did you verify that the target is selected as Word? Like below:
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

doc_guy wrote:Did you verify that the target is selected as Word? Like below:
Hi doc_guy, yes I did.

I find it curious that the contents of the output folder are PDF files; not a single Word file to be found. Does Flare convert the PDF files into Word at the end of output generation (past the point of my error)?

In the Target > Printed Output > 'FrameMaker and MS Word Output' section, I have the third (Generate multiple docs for MS Word...) and last (Disable Master Pages for FrameMaker...) options checked. The first one (Generate PDF...) is not checked, yet it cranks out PDF files.

???
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

I can't see why. Until v4, Flare couldn't natively create PDF files. It had to use Frame or Word to generate the files, so it seems weird to me that you'd get any PDF files in your Word output directory if you don't have the PDF option enabled.

Maybe a question for Support?
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

doc_guy wrote:I can't see why. Until v4, Flare couldn't natively create PDF files. It had to use Frame or Word to generate the files, so it seems weird to me that you'd get any PDF files in your Word output directory if you don't have the PDF option enabled.

Maybe a question for Support?
That might be my next step. I am changing to change the output options one at a time to see if anything works.

Flare is even overriding the output filename (*.doc, *.docx) and creating the PDFs. It seems to be in love with PDF; no matter the options, PDF PDF PDF, it wants!
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

New error:

'Internal error: Generation of output can not be completed. The file appears to be corrupted.'

What file it's referring is anyone's guess. :?:
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

I tried but could not repeat your error. I'd look at the code of the target file (right-click target, Open With Internal text editor), and check that the options are how you want - mine look something like this:

Code: Select all

<PrintedOutput
    MultiDocWordOutput="true"
    DisableMasterPageUsage="true"
    ExpandingTextConversion="expand"
    PopupConversion="expand"
    GeneratePDF="false" />
I'd also try creating a new target set with the same TOC, master pages etc, and see if you still get the error. And clean the output files first (Build menu > Clean project ...)

Just some ideas.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne